Who we are...
The Gentle Arborist is your Nashville tree service working to enhance our community through the care of trees and shrubs, whose health needs are not optimally met in the urban environment. As a family-owned small business founded in 1990, we are relying on a combined 28 years of experience and have become one of the premier tree care businesses in Nashville and surrounding communities.
We are climbing arborists, rarely working out of aerial equipment. This means a better pruning job, because the perspective is better when climbing in and tied to the tree. Also, it is not possible to orient a lift to make all finish cuts properly. Driving large equipment on your lawn is not part of our regular process.
While trees have our hearts at The Gentle Arborist, we always keep the environment in mind when making tree care decisions. We tend to take a more natural approach to tree care, rather than applying synthetic pesticides to every tree with a bug in it.
- Enhance our community by providing proper tree care and shrub care
- Make the process easy for our clients/fellow tree lovers
- Expand awareness of the benefits of proper tree care through community education
- Provide proper tree planting service with time-tested techniques that ensure a high survival rate
- Maintain a tree's longevity with effective tree maintenance and tree preservation techniques, such as pruning, cabling, & tree fertilization
- Advise of tree preservation techniques on construction sites
- Offer safe tree removal when a tree must go
Why tree care?
Trees and shrubs are living organisms that noticeably respond to their environment. Proper care helps them achieve their needs and balances the foreign aspects of the urban environment. Grass, soil compaction, and full sun are not present to a large degree in the woods. The effects of these things make maintenance practices important for tree health and well-being in the urban setting.
Please check out our services page for important and timely information about Bradford Pear and other trees on your property.